Start on a journey to become a Pokémon Master! Get a starter, explore the world, fight and capture Pokémon, challenge others, and more! A more detailed explanation will be made available eventually; for now, please refer to my introduction news post.
How to install
You have two options: you can either install Forge as an option to the standard Minecraft launcher, or use PixelMon's dedicated launcher. The first is one that you're already familiar with, while the second is designed to be easier to use for everything PixelMon related.
- Download Forge. We're sticking to recommended releases on the 1.10.2 branch. That's currently on 1.10.2 - 126.96.36.1995.
- Choose the installer of your choice to make things easier. It will add a new profile entry to your launcher.
- Open your launcher, select the "Forge" profile, and go!
Using the PixelMon launcher
- Download the PixelMon launcher
- Run the executable and follow the installation instructions.
- Launch the new program.
- Click the "Create New Profile" button (bottom right)
- Click the "Select PixelMon" option and choose the one currently in use (5.0.4).
- Below that, select the latest version of Forge offered in the list.
- Click Save. It will download and install automatically.
- When that's done, click the big Play button at the right to start!
Do NOT use the Technic launcher for this, there are known bugs that'll break the game.
How to update
Through the standard Minecraft launcher
- Open the Minecraft launcher.
- Click "Edit Profile", then "Open Game Dir".
- Open the "mods" folder.
- Copy the file that you downloaded there.
- Be sure to remove any older versions that might be present, only one version of PixelMon has to be there!
- Back to the launcher, hit "Save Profile" then "Play"!
Through the PixelMon launcher
- Open the launcher.
- Click the "Configure Profile" icon (bottom right)
- Click on the PixelMon version currently in-use.
- Select the one we currently use.
- Click save.
- The launcher will automatically offer to download and install the mod.
This mode uses the standard Minecraft controls, with several options are added on top. Here are the main ones:
- R: Launch / retreive your default Pokémon. Throw at a wild Pokémon to fight it. Throw it at another player to invite them to battle.
- I: Open the Pokédex to view the list of Pokémons you've collected.
- K: Get help on what you're looking at. Works on PixelMon AND vanilla Minecraft items!
- L: Spectate someone else's active battle.
Registration is mandatory in order to access the PixelMon server. Doing so also allows you to access the rest of the Creeper's Lab network, including the survival servers, the minigames and UHC mode. The process is quick and easy, so do it today!
Takao is NOT accessible through the standard Creeper's Lab lobby due to it being modded. Please connect directly to this address: